A new update of dhtmlxSuite has been released. dhtmlxSuite 2008 Rel.2 introduces more advanced and diverse features for dhtmlxSuite components. Since this release grid data can be loaded from JSON and JS-array. Smart rendering and paging support is also available for hierarchical grids. Working with huge datasets has become much faster.
DHTML Suite components that were updated:
- Data loading – now grid data can be loaded from JSON and JS-array; also, data loading from CSV and HTML was upgraded to work faster;
- Smart Rendering – smart rendering mode that provides fast work with large amounts of data is now available with any type of Grid initialization: XML string, JSON, HTML, CSV, JS-array;
- Appearance – a new nice looking skin was added for Grid paging display;
- Working with big datasets – dynamical paging was updated to use non-linear buffer and as a result Grid with huge datasets works even more quickly: any Grid entry can be accessed without loading all the previous ones;
- Split mode – in this version filters and grouping can work in the split mode;
- Auto-calculated values in footer/header - math and statistics counters now work in Smart Rendering Mode and Split Mode.
The functionality previously available in dhtmlxGrid is now introduced for dhtmlxTreeGrid:
- Filtering capabilities were added to this component;
- Auto-calculated values in footer/header are now available in TreeGrid;
- Smart Rendering was introduced and is now available in TreeGrid;
- Paging – so much expected paging mode was added to TreeGrid.
- Minor improvements – data loading from JSON and smart rendering mode were improved in order to enhance Tree performance.
dhtmlxSlider control is introduced in dhtmlxSuite 2008 Rel.2. It is a neat and simple component for web sites and applications that allows creating horizontal or vertical sliders. dhtmlxSlider is highly customizable and provides the functionality of setting min- and max-value, step value, default value as well as several ways of changing the value.